11.16.2009

More Phil that Fills...

Yes yes, beloved, more Phil Wickham is on the way! I have recently fallen for his music, Jimmy Needham, and renewed my love for The Glorious Unseen.


This song is called "Heaven Song." mmmmm....


You wrote a letter and You signed Your name
I read every word of it page by page
You said that You'd be coming, coming for me soon
Oh my God I'll be ready for You


'Cause I wanna run on greener pastures
I wanna dance on higher hills
I wanna drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels and sing
My heaven song


I hear Your voice and I catch my breath
"Well done my child, enter in and rest"
As tears of joy roll down my cheek
Oh, it's beautiful beyond my wildest dreams


Oh, 'cause I wanna run on greener pastures
I wanna dance on higher hills
I wanna drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
And I can't wait to join the angels and sing
No I can't wait to join the angels and sing
My heaven song



My gosh how good is that. You should, almost need, to go listen to it.


He forgot kayaking though. We will kayak and hike in the new creation. (I know.) 

I can't wait to see Jesus. To meet my Father. To finally feel, actually FEEL His arms around me, holding me like I've been begging Him to do for so long. Just holding me until it's all gone, all the hurt, doubt, pain, fear, loneliness, and whatever else is just...gone...forever. 



My God I want that so badly. Jesus come soon! My heart yearns to be with You. This earth hurts souls that were meant to exist in joy and glory and bliss and love and beauty. You. 


God sustains me. He's the only way I'm still alive, physically, emotionally, mentally. And what parts of me are dead or dying, He is reviving. That's a little scary, because I'm crazy inside. 


That's why I'm so eternally grateful for those souls I meet that hurt as I do, for the same reasons, and acknowledge those reasons. That's why I'm so eternally grateful for those souls that know hope lies only in God, in Christ, and in the restoration He brings. That's why I'm so eternally grateful for those souls who are willing to incur even more hurt by striving to bring the Kingdom here through peace, love, joy, hope, and Christ. 


They know, as I know, that LIFE is not on this version of earth anymore, except that which God brings. And God brings it, boy does He bring it. But He brings it through us, His portion.


And so to Jes, Jon, Ruth, Emily, Amanda, Jaime, Kevin, Stephen, Lauren Brewer, Laura, Nate, Matt, Jamal, Stuart, Kevin, Lacey, Rachael, Riley, Ruth Ann, Anna Beth, Lauren Pilcher, Tjader, and anyone else I may have forgotten but whose soul resonates with this...Thanks for hurting with me. 


It will be worth it. Because they're worth it. BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment