12.27.2009

Wisdom's Words of Wonder (and other words that start with W)

Proverbs 8:30-31
"Then I {wisdom} was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind."

I want this back.

Wisdom speaks of being a creator, of being delighted, of rejoicing.

God showed this verse to me just now. I love that God describes what we usually see as  a very stern, dry, ugh-do-I-have-to? thing like wisdom is such free, spontaneous, youthful words. 

Filled with delight day after day.
Rejoicing always in his presence.
             I would like to be and do that. The first is the hardest for me.

I love that God uses the word "whole." Rejoicing in his WHOLE world. That word has such an impact on me because it does not simply mean 'all-encompassing' but also 'complete' or 'full.' God gives me words for different parts of my life, especially in the past few years. First freedom, then glorious, then humility, then hope, then family, and now complete or whole

I said that I want proverbs 8:30-31 back because this world is no longer whole but is broken. I have a friend that doesn't believe that humans are made in the image of God any more, but in their own image. I disagree. Yeah, genesis says that Adam's children were made in his image, but Adam was made in God's image. So, Adam's children are made in his image, but Adam's image is simply a broken image of God. A reflection is a reflection, whether clear or muddled.

In other news, I get to see my Look Up family next week. Some of them anyway. To Highlands, North Carolina (home of Lanier Ward, Jake and Nathan Heffington, and Eric Knapp: the hometown of the arguably most hilarious people in the world, except for Walter Howard, the Keigley family, and Sydney Brown) I go! 

In moreother news, my cousins remembered me at our Christmas get-together. God provided someone for me to talk to concerning my struggles detailed in my last post. I have not much time until I move back to Liberty for my camping ministry class, which is scaring me a little ever since I looked at the syllabus. BUT! It'll be grand. Swell, even. Because my God has my back.

Psalm 32: 7
"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah." 

No comments:

Post a Comment